PAGEYI helps local disadvantaged communities to create a common vision for their future, and help the communities to draw the road map to the envisaged future. In helping the communities down this road, PAGEYI works with a myriad of partners who share in the organization’s own values and objectives. These partnerships bring the required synergies to help the organization in conducting need assessment, prioritizing of interventions, project planning, financing, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
These important partners include:
- Grassroots communities – including village elder youth leaders and women leaders.
- Religious leaders
- Political leaders
- Local NGOs
- International NGOs
- National Government
- Central and County governments
- Local Communities and international Communities
- Local and international institutions
- Individuals and businesses
Geographical Area of Operation
Pamoja Gender & Youth Initiative will engage in sustainable development program in the Kenya & Somalia region. The programmes with the host communities will focus on strengthening their livelihood security as a means of enabling longer term sustainable development and in the context of the Millennium Development Goals.
Pamoja Gender and Youth Initiative will in the next five years continue to focus its activities and resources working with the following target stakeholders:
- Local hosts/nationals in disadvantaged communities
- Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Local Government